30 random acts of kindness
Okay, I’m falling behind seeing as how it is already April 5th (oh my gosh how is it April 5th already?) and I haven’t done any of my 30 random acts of kindness. As I mentioned here for my 30 birthday this month I wanted to do thirty random acts of kindness. I’m also asking that instead of gifts people do a random act of kindness for me. I’d love to hear about the things you do–especially as I think I’ll be needing some ideas!
Oh and I got the idea from this post (which was so popular it became this website) and lest you think I am a saint, I do expect Clark to get me a birthday present even though I really am serious about other friends and family doing a random act of kindness. (Sorry Mom, that you had already ordered me a gift off of amazon. I know I will love it:)
So let’s get down to business and see if I can do 30 things–and some of these ideas (most) I’m getting from the website above:
1. Pick up trash in my neighborhood
2. Pay the toll bridge fee for the person behind me
3. Pay the ferry fee for the person behind me
4. Leave quarters at a laundromat
5. Write a letter to a friend and send it snail mail
6. Make up bags of toiletries/snacks for the homeless
7. Leave handwritten notes in cards on park benches, cars and restaurant tables with encouraging messages.
8. Load quarters into soft drink, gumball and game machines at a grocery store.
9. Do another house cleaning sweep and donate clothes, kitchen items and furniture to Goodwill.
10. Tape microwave popcorn bags to Redbox Movie machines.
11. Drop change around a playground for children to find. (This sounds intriguing to me, will it really be a hit?)
12. Purchase & donate coloring books and crayons to the waiting room at the hospital.
13. Purchase a couple of gift cards to a bookstore and leave them inside your favorite books for people to find.
14. Open doors for others
15. Return shopping carts for people
16. Volunteer at the local humane society (Okay, wait, I do this every week anyway but I’m going to go on a different day for a shift that is shorthanded.
17, 18, 19, 20, 21. Look for ways to brighten the days of the ladies in my bible study. This won’t be random in that I know these ladies but it will be an extra effort that I normally wouldn’t go to.
22. Give a stranger a compliment
23. Leave a positive comment on a blog (I need some easy ones, it is already April 5th!)
24. Let someone in line go ahead of you
25. Bring some candy to the dance event this weekend to share with tablemates and strangers as a quick little sugar rush “Pick me up.”
26. Oh man…what else? You know what, I’m going to leave some of these open so that I will be looking for opportunities to help others. But if you have any suggestions let me know.
Posted: April 5th, 2012 by Tovah under Uncategorized.